Thursday, October 31, 2013

ENTRY #3

Interactions 

Everyweek, when I go to Eco-Quartier, everybody seems busy. So, I talk to Ines, who is a german student who came in Canada to study french. We communicate in english and I can say that it is much more easier to talk to her, as young people, than talking to the rest of the Eco-Quartier team because I know she is not bilingual so I am not scared of making mistakes. 
I can say that I use (in whichever language) body language a lot, as I talk a lot with my hand: to describe, to explain, to ask... it really helps to make people understand me when I cannot fing my words.
 


Observations

About the greeting, I don't think there is a big difference between English people and French people: it starts with a « Hi » or « Hello » followed by a « How are you? » , « How was your week-end? » or even some « What's up? » from Billy, in a very natural way. (I thought it was a teenagers' kind to use this type of language)
I was really scared not to be able to understand English humour, because of the language but also because of the different cultures/humour, but I realized French and English humour is quite similar; people make wordplay, laugh at the same things.
_________________
  • drainning : as they asked me how was my weekend, I wanted to say how much I worked so I am tired now. This word will be really useful because I used to answer the same thing to the « How was your week? » question; « Good thank you. »

No comments:

Post a Comment