Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ENTRY #1

My first meeting was on September 25th. I met Nicole Schiebel (my host), Christine who is a french-speaking volunteer and Julie, an other volunteer who is bilingual.

My goals and wishes


Through the internship, I hope, as it is its goal, to be able to Improve my English: I wish I will be able to speak fluently English but moreover, to understand quickly what people say to me (right now I don’t, as I have to translate everything in my mind before understanding) .
More than this, I want to know more about Canada’s and Québec’s culture; how do people behave here in North America. Also, I wish I learned more about ecology and the recycling system here in Quebec.



My learning strategies


The learning strategies I have chosen are the mnemonic techniques, guessing, practice, searching for meanings and analysing speech. I chose those ones because they are currently the techniques I use to learn English and Spanish.


The 1st meeting 


The first meeting with my host, went very well, as they are all welcoming and they made me comfortable from the minute I came into the office.
During half an hour she explained me how my internship was going to proceed, what I am going to do and who I am going to be with.
I am really satisfied Christi chose me this internship because I truly feel like this is the perfect environment for me to improve my english skills ; the people who work here are very sweet and quite talkative so it forces me to chat and go beyond my shyness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment