Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ENTRY #2

Actually, my first 3 hours stage began right after the meeting. My host asked me if I wanted to start immediately or the week after. As I was very excited about the stage, I started the same day as the first meeting, September 25th.


Observations  

Language observations

What I have observed about language is the speed. I don't know (yet) if it is because English is a foreign language but it seems that anglophones speak more quickly English than francophones do for French. This is, for me, one of the biggest issues (for understanding but also for speaking). 

Culture observations

Like I have noticed since I arrived here in Canada, people are much more friendly than in France. It is a pleasure to talk to people, even to whose we don't know and even if we don't speak the same language: when they see that I have difficulties to express myself, they try to help me and they are very patient, which decreases the potential anxiety I have when I have to speak English.



New language structures learnt

Many times, I think I may have made a strange face because Nicole gently laughed asking me if I understood what she just said; indeed I didn't. Consequently, that day, I have learned new words/expressions ; 
  • a sprain 
  • dumpster-diving which consists in seeking objects in good conditions and which could be reusable

No comments:

Post a Comment