Thursday, November 7, 2013

ENTRY #4

Discuss linguistic interference
I have a lot of interferences as my first language is French and also because speaking English every day is something I am really not used to.
The challenges I have to face are about it and they are caused by linguistic interference. Most of the mistakes I make are about vocabulary: when there is a word I cannot find in English, I use the French version but with an English accent, which is a very amateur mistake.
Other mistakes I usually make are about pronunciation but that is only when I have to read, thing I don’t often do in my internship.

Learning English in the internship V.S. in a classroom
In the internship, the learning is more “active”, it is a learning through practicing. We do not have the traditional structured classroom setting but I think it is still a good way to learn because we use variety of words, vocabulary.
In class, in contrary, the vocabulary we learn is more limited: the vocabulary we learn is according to the theme of the chapter and so on whereas in the stage, we can talk about anything anytime. 
________________

  • seeds: Éco-Quartier supports the fact that everything is usable in various ways. During Halloweenm a lot of people buy pumpkins and dig tem to use it as decoration but then they throw the rest away. Nikki showed me that all the inside can be eaten, including the seeds (and it tasted so good)

No comments:

Post a Comment